SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
What do we look for?
Outcast looks for literary works that challenge the norm and break boundaries. We want thoughtful, inspiring and daring queer work.
Outcast publishes LGBTQ+ folk and anyone interested in queer literature and art. We enjoy cross-genre, intersectional, marginal and transgressive work.
Send in 1 original and unpublished story of upto 5000 words as a Word document to email@example.com with the subject [Prose Submission].
Send in up to 5 poems, no limit on the word/line count as one Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Poetry Submission].
Works in this column cover anything about queer lives and queer existence. If you have a personal experience you’re writing about, this column is the right place for it.
Send in 1 piece to email@example.com with the subject [Personals Submission].
Works in this column cover interviews, articles, blog pieces, opinions and much more.
Send in 1 piece to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Non-Fiction Submission].
Send in your pieces at email@example.com with the subject [Art Submission]. The piece must have a caption and a title along with the contributor’s bio and picture(optional).
- Please ensure that all submissions are your own original and unpublished work.
- Send only one submission at a time. Wait until you receive our decision before sending in another piece.
- Please ONLY submit your work in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) documents attached with the email. We will NOT consider submissions sent in any other format. Please also include the submission title and author’s name in the filename.
- Our response time can be up to 3 months.
- Outcast Magazine is open to simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- *We’ve use queer as a cover-all term throughout this page for people from LGBT community.
We are not able to pay our contributors at this time but hope to do so in the future.
However, we do hold exclusive competitions and have special issues where contributors are paid for their pieces.
We respect that some of our writers may not wish to share their works under their own names. In this case, we welcome you to submit your work under a pen name.
Outcast takes the security and privacy of our writers very seriously.
All rights reside with the author(s) of Outcast Magazine content unless otherwise specified. Outcast Magazine requires non-exclusive permission to disseminate and make the material available. Author(s) are responsible for clearing any rights prior to submitting materials. Should the author(s) decide to publish a piece elsewhere at some future date, they are required to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate that the material was initially published in Outcast Magazine, and in which issue.